Thirty-seven miles northeast of Abilene is a cultural gem and the soon-to-be restored home of Sander’s Drug Store. Josh and two buddies found the town of Albany starving for an independent pharmacy and jumped at the opportunity to serve this wonderful community.
This weekend I saw, for the first time, the beautifully restored original pharmacy building (courtesy of owners Mike and Betsy Parsons), which will also function as soda fountain and sandwich shop. How cool is that?!
While the guys are anxiously waiting their state board license to set the grand opening date, take a sneak peak inside….
They’ve merchandised the back wall with hundreds of old bottles, signs and packages from the 1930s and 40s found in the building. Pictures don’t do this place justice, so we invite you all to celebrate the grand opening with us…sodas are on the house!
And I couldn’t help but photograph the amazing windmill farm we went through on the way to Albany. There were 1000s of them!!
2 comments:
The pharmacy looks great, We are so proud of what the boys have been able to do with the building. Good luck and we can not wait for the grand opening!
OK, love the new pharmacy! So cute! If I'm anywhere in Texas I will for sure be at the opening!
Post a Comment