Friday, January 7, 2011

five for friday: 2011 resolutions…

Blog. For the most part, I’ve been photo-blogging our adventures with the kiddos, which I love and will definitely continue. But I think I may have found a much-needed, new hobby?! I want to develop the content, focusing a bit more on family and parenting -- with a twist. Haven’t decided if that’s a twist of fate or possibly lemon, but I’ll get there.

Money. Two kiddos, two houses, two pharmacies and four bank accounts, yet we have NEVER kept a checkbook register. I’m hoping to get better organized with the finances, since DEBT FREE is in the five year plan. I’ve been looking at some Apps (I can use on my new iPad!) that will hopefully do all the work.

Art. At home we read religiously with the kiddos and dance around to all sorts of music, but we don’t do much in the way of traditional arts and crafts. I got a few new books for Christmas (Toddler’s Busy Book, Playful Parenting and I Love Dirt) to inspire me to get more creative at home. I see a weekly project and a new wall display for our art in my future!

Philanthropy. After the catastrophic earthquake in Haiti last January, I wanted to do something to help...something for the children. So we signed up and made a small donation to UNICEF every month in 2010. This year, I’d like to bring our efforts a little closer to home. The Hendrick Home for Children in Abilene has been providing long-term, quality care for children for 70+ years. Not sure if our contribution will be donations, volunteering or both, but I’m excited and honored to give to our community.

Vacation. Last year our sweet Callie Jane made her grand entrance smack dab in the middle of summer, so we didn’t plan a family trip, nor an adults only own getaway. I’m hoping we can make it back to Destin this year for the family vaca, and who knows where the ‘rents will go?! I’m vying for someplace WARM and all-inclusive, since we went to Jackson Hole two years ago.

Cheers to a healthy, hearty and hopeful 2011!

IMG_0001

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good stuff, cant wait for the new blog spin. Keep up all the good mommy stuff, you are outstanding at it. Just let peepa and I know when we get to come have baby patrol. Love to you.

molly said...

sounds like a great plan for the new year! You always have wonderful ideas in what you do with Drew & Callie - time to share with other young moms! Keep up the great work on your blog - a great way to look back and see where you have come from. I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...