Monday, January 2, 2012

simple as that…

simplify is THE word of the year.

thus a few simple goals for 2012.

eat. #1 there are only a handful of restaurants I still choose to eat at since our real food revolution. #2 it’s healthier and cheaper to cook than eat out. #3 I really enjoy cooking. soooo, I want to get more organized in my meal planning and grocery shopping. I’ve already integrated some new habits and can’t wait to share ideas and resources. oh, and I also hope that my super-picky son will expand his selections beyond fruit and cheese. sounds so simple?!

sleep. always. need. more.

play. date nights, art projects and books-a-million. i already have one pre-planned date night for josh and I every month in 2012. we just need to coordinate our calendars with the best babysitter in abilene. as for the art projects, a carryover goal from 2011, I’m now well equipped [aka no excuses] after receiving an awesome bucket of supplies for Christmas. I also have at least a dozen books in my possession waiting, waiting and waiting to be read and over 30 titles on my amazon wish list. here’s to hoping I can find 20-30 minutes a few days a week for reading and art time to feed my soul and the grandparents refrigerator doors.

purge. we are most likely moving again next month and I refuse to pack up and relocate all of the stuff we haven’t even used since our move 18 months ago. I’ve already taken four bags of toys to daycare (shhh, don’t tell the kiddos) and plan to do a lot more donating, recycling, purging and possibly eBaying.

Cheers to a safe, simple and soulful 2012!

erica_sig_thumb[2]

2 comments:

Lori Popkewitz Alper @ Groovy Green Livin said...

Simplify is an incredibly powerful word. It can relate to so many different areas in life. I need to add it to my growing list of words for 2012!

Debbie Yarger said...

I have a small sign above my office door that I look at multiple times throughout the day and it says: "Simplify." It's been a great reminder for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...