or should I say, this WAS me.
in the spirit of my simplify theme for 2012, I tried to purge our excess clothes, dishes, décor and everything else we don’t need/use while packing up the old house. and though we are knee deep in boxes at the new house, the garage sale pile is HUGE and still growing. I’m proud of my accomplishments but mostly embarrassed at the hoards of stuff we had accumulated.
as for the move itself - it’s probably rained FIVE times over the past eighteen months in abilene. only fitting for it to POUR cats and dogs and rabbits and frogs on our moving day. needless to say our new carpet has taken a west-texas-red-dirt beating and I’m on the hunt for a steam cleaner.
since then we’ve had the thermostat replaced after it was mid-50s inside and outside. found a sheet of shingles in the yard after a few gusty days. had the wind essentially smoke out the house with our wood burning fireplace. and are currently working with a major leak in the hot water heater.
whoa is me.
on the plus plus plus plus side, the hardest part is done (thank you chris, josh, mom and bret), we aren’t the homeowners, it’s FRIDAY and I have these two cuties that (almost) always make me smile.
have a great weekend.

2 comments:
Well we hope you guys are on your way to a replaced hot water heater very soon. It was a very fun, busy, organized chaos week and so glad to be a part of your move. Thank you for the hospitality, love, smiles and numerous hugs along the way. Happy new home to you! m/p
laughing.out.loud. So glad we got to see the new house and am glad Chris could stay a few extra days to help out. See you soon!
Post a Comment