i never was one of those mom’s who verbalized every action, chatted in the car or sang while changing diapers to encourage baby speech development. I kind of felt bad when it was just drew, but honestly I’m just not much of a talker. or a singer for that matter.
but the one thing I’ve done almost daily with all three babies was sing Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star at bedtime. it’s probably the only lullaby which I still remember all the words and the tune. i also twist the lyrics, so the kiddos names are the “diamond” in the sky.
- …Up above the world so high, like a Drew Bear in the sky…
- …Up above the world so high, like a Callie Girl in the sky…
- …Up above the world so high, like a Reese’s Pieces Pie…
so the other day, I caught Callie singing it to baby Reese.
she’s not the most gentle, but she’s only two and she loves her sister ever so passionately.
regardless of how many times I have to tell her to use soft hands, I hope the love she feels for her baby sister never fades.
and luckily drew and callie talk enough now to fill up any silence the rest of us might have hoped for…
3 comments:
wow
This is absolutely precious!! YOU are a wonderful mother. Don't ever forget it!!
Beautiful! So much love you have to share, my dear. tears......
mimi
Post a Comment