Wednesday, July 9, 2008

reality check...

i recently told josh i felt like i'd been going thru this pregnancy in a bit of a trance, only because i haven't had many "typical preganancy" symptoms. lucky me, i know!!

when we toured the hospital a few weekends ago, i was IMMEDIATELY jolted from that trance into pregnancy reality. josh, molly and i calmly walked up to the nurses station and they thought we were another one going into labor?! apparently, it had been an abnormally busy saturday for them. little do they know, we will probably NOT be that calm on D-day. and did you know more babies are born during the week, rather than weekends? that is odd to me, but anyway...

we explained we were there only for a tour of the facility and a nurse named erica gave us the lay of the land. we saw the labor and delivery rooms and family waiting room (i cried), then moved to the nursery (i cried) and finally over to the recovery rooms (and yes, i cried again). there were two babies in the nursery, both less than an hour old and i think they were the biggest reality check for me. the family of one baby was glued to the window, camcorder in hand, recording his every move. i was overcome with emotions seeing how little and precious...

so with less than eight weeks to go, i can't wait to meet our precious miracle and start our family. i feel so blessed!!


3 comments:

molly said...

This grandma is waaaayyyyy ready to meet the little one. I can't wait to hold him or her in my arms and say welcome to our family - we have been waiting for you! (Erica will now cry)Only 54 days - Yippee!!!

Days with D said...

Molly, I know exactly what you mean! I cant wait for our little one!!! Putting a baby bed in the guest room...I mean the "nursery". haha Uncle Tom said I could put it in his office...I dont think so. I can see now that "peanut" will never lack for love.
Aunt D

Anonymous said...

ok, so now I am crying, we need to plan for lots of tissue in the labor and delivery room.

what a "loved" bundle of joy we are getting ready to meet. can't wait!

mimi and peepa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...