Saturday, October 25, 2008

ice ice baby...

josh and i had our first post-baby date last night (thanks deb, for watching the little monkey). even though we talked about drew most of the night, it was nice to actually enjoy dinner together. we went to Fireside Pies...YUMMIE!!...and then went ice skating at the stars center in grapevine mills mall. we've been talking and talking and talking about going ice skating for YEARS. so we finally buckled up the skates and hit the ice with a bunch of kids that looked like professionals. josh is actually a pretty good skater from his roller and ice hockey days. me, on the other hand, haven't put on any kind of skates in at least 10 years!! i have to say i did pretty well, never fell and was moving pretty fast there toward the end. we weren't really dressed appropriately -- it was FREEZING, go figure -- so our venture didn't last all that long but we had a great time. while we were there we got information on skate lessons for kids, we're already prepping drew for his NHL career...



2 comments:

molly said...

I'm so glad there were no broken legs! I know the Stars will sign Drew up when they find out he was watching the games at 6 weeks old. I wish I could have babysat-boohoo!
Glad ya'll got out!

Days with D said...

Hot-ta-molly, I know you are missing this little guy. He is sooooo adorable. I think they went out because they were tired of me begging them to babysit. lol
I do love our Baby Drew!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...