Sunday, March 28, 2010

pretty in pink…

most people think we’re crazy [for lots of reasons], but we had every intention of not finding out the gender of the baby again with this pregnancy…

DSC02062

well after our sonogram at 22 weeks, the nurse told us (because our sweet, caring and calming doctor was tending to a delivery) they noticed some potential abnormalities with the umbilical cord – but the baby looked 100% healthy.

josh wasn’t thrilled that she actually told us in that order -- ”could she not have said, everything looks fine with the baby, but…” so anyway, after a long explanation and a napkin drawing (really?!) that sent me into a tailspin, she said it was nothing to be too concerned about (again, really?!). most likely they would just do several sonos toward the end of the pregnancy, but she was going to review the pics with my doctor on monday and call us with an update. that weekend came and went ever so slowly, and the nurse called on monday to tell us they wanted me to see a perinatal medicine specialist for another sonogram and opinion.

waiting another week for that appointment was truly dreadful. hundreds of possibilities crossed my mind, but on friday we got an all but A+ report from the specialist and found out

it’s a GIRL!!!

we go back for another sonogram in 3 weeks, but he said everything looked very good. not sure what we’ll do with it, but we even got this sono on DVD. the doctor literally said it had to be girl, because her hands weren’t in between her legs…uh, what….hahahha!!! many tears, smiles and MUCH relief…

so to celebrate, drew and i put on our brightest pink shirts and had josh take us to lowe’s on sunday morning to buy as many pink flowers as we could find. albeit windy, i was determined to get that blush and bashful color in our front flower beds. drew got his own set of gardening tools, although he was most interested in the watering can…and when we got home the only thing he really watered was himself!

DSC02064

DSC02070

now if we could just get that grass a little greener…

9 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

GIRL!!!!!!!!!! I had a feeling! I've been so excited ever since Molly told me the news but I wanted to make sure you posted about it first! I love all of the pink in the garden, our grass is not so green either. I can't wait to hear the little miss's name and start buying girly girl things!

Anonymous said...

What a fun thing to learn. We are ready for our princess, we have our handsome prince. What a fabulous big brother sweet Drew will be to his lit'l seeester. Peepa and I are just so delighted with the news, and that everything is alright with you and baby GIRL is healthy. We are so excited and can not wait to see the girly bump, baby drew, mommy and "wrapped around my finger" daddy in just a few days. Tears to the eyes, so much love.

klp said...

erica and josh, i am so happy to hear this news. through our families i had heard this weekend about all this - just want to say that i am SO relieved and happy for you guys. yay for a healthy baby and YAY FOR A GIRL! so great. congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yayyy!! So excited about the news--especially that she is 100% healthy!

molly said...

I never knew PINK could look so good on you two - Where is JOSHS? I still have not hit the ground from the news either - I am so excited to meet our little pink girl! Love ya

B Stute said...

I'm oiling up my smocking needles for some cute little smocked dresses are onesies. she'll be a cuty patuty. pink is a good color.

annalee said...

congratulations!!! it is so, so, much fun having a boy and a girl! now we can arrange two marriages:)
praying for your precious baby girl and pregnancy.

annalee said...

congratulations!!! it is so, so, much fun having a boy and a girl! now we can arrange two marriages:)
praying for your precious baby girl and pregnancy.

Abby said...

HOORAY!!!!!! I am THRILLED for you guys :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...