Tuesday, June 7, 2011

shooting stars…

There are several gals scattered across the South whose friendships I cherish more than they probably know. Sadly, we rarely get to see each other or even take time to chat on a regular basis. Of course, it’s the typical excuses: busy lives, working, juggling, traveling, etc. And the shame of technology is that I can easily keep tabs on them, but I miss all the details, smiles, stories, laughter and tears.

Combine busy + technology + 100s of miles in between us, and you have three college roommates (with now seven precious children) who haven’t seen each other in at least four years.

Our humble Abilene abode is just about half way between Weatherford and Odessa, so when Meg suggested a zoo trip for the kids last fall, I was thrilled to host…as soon as we could coordinate our schedules, of course.

It’s been on the calendar for months and we finally had our all-too-short, but lots of fun, reunion last weekend. And in the midst of pool splashing, kid chasing, giraffe feeding, train waiting and toddlers napping, we were able to do a little catching up.

m175good-friends-are-like-stars-pos SONY DSC                        SONY DSC                        SONY DSC                        SONY DSC                        SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                        SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                        SONY DSC                        SONY DSC                        SONY DSC

erica_sig_thumb[2]

3 comments:

chris said...

beautiful women; and, more importantly, beautiful kids.

Anonymous said...

how fun is that, so glad you were able to visit. Does not seem to matter how far apart the visits are, you will always be close friends.

Ms. Evans said...

I am still friends with my dear friend Gayla from 4th grade! The GirL Scout saying goes "Make new friends but keep the old; one is silver and the other is gold!" is so true!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...