Monday, October 10, 2011

my sunshine…

13173847912261317384873518

how does one deal with sleep deprivation? I suppose it’s a “bonus” of mommy hood and for the most part, I’ve physically adjusted to 5 (or 6 if I’m lucky) hours a night, but I’m still working on the mental adjustment.

most nights, my sweet CJ sleeps an uninterrupted 10 hours a night. which sounds (and is) great. it just usually happens to be from 8pm-6am. and that 6am comes oh-so-quickly and violently sometimes. because at 5:59am, she is READY TO GO! cartoons, not so much. relaxing in bed, not so much. she is READY TO GO!

let’s eat breakfast, let’s go play, let’s stick our fingers in the oscillating fan, let’s go outside. she knows no difference between weekdays and weekends and is up for ANYTHING BUT a lazy morning in bed.

13173851063291317385341362

“carpe diem. seize the day. make your lives extraordinary.”

thus is the lesson du jour of my little sunshine. and had she not woken up at the usual 6am on the last day of our beach vacation, she and I would have missed this GORGEOUS sunrise.

thank you, thank you to my brash and sassy one whom I chased around the beach, stairs and deck for days. you are a joyful and constant reminder to rise with a smile and be grateful for the beautiful day ahead.

13173854042701317385429543

erica_sig_thumb[2]

3 comments:

molly said...

sorry -I think she got the early morning gene from her Grammy and Gan-Gan,but the great thing about it is you get to see the freshest part of the day and greet each day with a sunrise!! Life couldn't be better with Callie by your side seeing the early morning!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful sunrise with us. Cause, you know I won't be seeing anything like that unless we have a very early flight to an exotic location. It is fun chasing behind the firecracker - up and down the deck, the beach, and always near the kitty kitty.

Debbie Yarger said...

She is a ray of sunshine! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...