Wednesday, October 26, 2011

pin this…

 

i’m surely late to the whole pinterest party, but am sooooooooooo glad to have finally arrived.

I’ve spent the last 10-15 years pulling magazine and catalog pages to “file” in a safe place. which of course, can never be found when I’m in need of some creative inspiration.

so THANK YOU pinterest for the endless supply of shared photos, ideas, distractions and recipes in an organized and accessible format. (wish I’d thought of that)

anyway, we had a blank wall in the kitchen where I wanted a creative display for calendars, arts and crafts, to dos, etc.

when I came across this clipboard idea, I knew it would be perfect AND inexpensive for that space.

now, I’ve completed my first (super simple) pinterest project.

ta dah.

DSC03478 DSC03486

I thought about cleaning up the kids area before taking the left picture, but it reminded me of a beautiful blog post I read a few weeks ago about photography, blogging and being a mom.

“I need photography in my day to day life. I need the gift of being able to cover my face, look through a lens and see the beautiful without thought to the messy surrounding it.” Ashley Ann Photography

so true.

I live in my camera and am ever-so-grateful for the beautiful subjects and spaces I get to photograph.

reality sees dirty floors, crayon marks on the wall, play food strewn ALL over the house and a now chair-less table because my princess likes to stand on them or use them to climb onto the table.

but my camera sees an adorable retro kitchen where the kiddos play, a sweet ghost footprint from baby jet, a photo of drew hugging callie last year at the pumpkin patch and several fun pre-wedding event invitations for my little sister.

beautiful.

erica_sig_thumb[2]

3 comments:

Debbie Yarger said...

LOVE IT! Welcome to Pinterest, my friend!!

Abby said...

LOVE THIS!!! Good job :)

molly said...

A great way to show off Drew/Callie artwork!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...