I actually saw this on a bumper sticker the other day...what a difference 8 years makes!
Well being my birthday and all, I thought I'd do some research to see what a difference 30 years makes. I found some average prices (vs today), and popular items and events in 1978. I don't know what purpose this serves, other than making me feel OLD and BROKE!!
$0.63 per gallon for unleaded regular gas ($3.50)
$17,000 average income per year ($48.201)
$54,800 average cost of new home ($313,000)
11.75% Federal Reserve interest rate at year end (2.25%)
$0.98 ground beef per pound ($2.50)
$0.48 dozen eggs ($2.17)
$368.88 23" Color Television ($400)
$2.99 Play Doh Fun Factory ($4.99)
$24.99 Lionel Train Set ($270)
$12,313 Chevrolet Corvette ($46,950)
Movies - Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Jaws 2, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Annie Hall
Musicians - Bee Gees, Rolling Stones, Commodores
TV Programs - Happy Days, Charlie's Angels, The Muppet Show, Three's Company
Toys - Star Wars Figurines, Simon, Hungry Hungry Hippo, Hot Wheels, Matchbox
Birthdays - Brian Urlacher, Kevin Federline, Ashton Kutcher, Tim Hasselbeck, Alexander Federov, Dirk Nowitzki, Katherine Heigl
Events - 1st time US Senate proceedings are broadcast on radio; U.S. President Jimmy Carter decides to postpone production of the neutron bomb; Pete Rose gets his 3,000 major league hit; Louise Brown becomes the first human born from in vitro fertilization, in the United Kingdom; Yankees win their 22nd World Series title; Jonestown incident; Susan B Anthony dollar enters circulation.
Oh and here's a picture from our early birthday celebration with the fam. Thanks to mom, bret and mema for coming in town. Albeit a quick trip, we had a great time!! Look at that belly...
2 comments:
Ahhh you look so cute! Happy Birthday!
happy birthday! you and the the baby bump both look great!
Post a Comment