I’m one of those gals who gets slightly irritated at the sight of holiday decor at hobby lobby BEFORE halloween, so it doesn’t seem right to talk jingle all the way the day before thanksgiving. but, I’m going to anyway. only because our trip to dallas this past weekend for e’s bridal shower was strategically planned so we could also attend the etsy dallas jingle bash.
what’s a jingle bash?
they’d say “the 4th annual handmade holiday shopping event for 60+ local artists, designers and crafters”
and I’d say, “handmade shopping + bar + DJ + photo booth = not your grandmother’s craft show”
it was an unexpected night out for us (thank you chris and debbie) and we got to support local artisans followed by a scrumptious dinner at The Commissary. YuM!! I probably should have done a little holiday gift shopping, but instead I managed to find a few things for myself and business cards for a few artist shops which I’ll definitely revisit.
here are my highlights.
the pig and the peacock. i’ve pretty much given up petroleum-based candles and most chemical fragrances, so I am delighted to try their subtle and delicious brown sugar and fig soy wax variety. they also have a fragrance very similar to everybody’s cobalt blue favorite.
paper beats rock. lemme just say, they really had me at hello. i LOVE their business name. we secured a few adorable holiday gift tags and admired their DIY bunting kits, burlap bows and fabric bound notepads.
house of lovely. vintage bridal accessories. clearly not the target market, but if YOU are, you should check this shop out. after swooning over the visual merchandising, I’m still trying to figure out if callie jane could wear something in her upcoming role as the gracey + kraxberger flower girl.
fuzzy muffins. who doesn’t love to support an incredibly creative college student. I’m signing up now for the “tooth plushy” for our future fairy days. adorable.
green couch designs. peace, love and cookie dough. well said.
I’m dying to see the photo booth pictures, but they aren’t posted yet. I’ll update this post once they’re released. maybe. they should be good for a few laughs. I think bret was wearing a red 80s prom dress. enough said.
may 5, 2012.
etsy’s spring show.
I’m so there.
2 comments:
Glad you guys got a night out...we got a treat, too, by keeping the grandkids!!
So glad you guys had a great time..sounds very cool.
xoxo
Aunt D
Post a Comment