Wednesday, November 30, 2011

my heart is aglow…

advent_collage

tomorrow starts the hap-happiest month of the year and so begins the countdown. queue up the fireplace, hot toddies, holiday shopping and the christmas story marathon. guess that means I should also finish start decorating the house?!

last year, despite a daycare debacle and wicked computer virus, I somehow found the time and wherewithal to style, photograph and digitally scrapbook my little miss for 24 consecutive days. a photographic advent calendar of sorts. it was a creative challenge, lots of fun and will always be a special memory.

but I’m not going to fool myself into thinking I can pull off a repeat this year. first of all, she’s gained quite a bit of independence in twelve months. posing her isn’t as easy as it once was. I also don’t want to alienate drew, but including him isn’t really an option either. on most mornings, it’s all we can do to get them both dressed and out the door in a disorderly fashion, much less consider a photograph. 24 days in a row.

we all kind of have our eyes focused on another heart warming event in january, almost looking past the holidays. but for the kiddos, I want to make certain we don’t compromise our traditions and family time. so I prepared a list of special to dos, an advent activity calendar of sorts.

and of course, I’ll share photos along the way.

bucketlist copy

what do you have planned for your family and friends?

erica_sig_thumb[2]

4 comments:

Abby said...

LOVE THIS!!! I need to make a bucket list :) I cannot believe how grown up Callie is compared to last year- she is quite the cutie!

Anonymous said...

Come to Abilene! m/p

molly said...

such a fun month all planned out! It is aways fun with you 4! Bring on Christmas!!!!

Debbie Yarger said...

I love the Bucket List! So glad we will be able to participate in a few of the holiday activities with you all! See you this weekend :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...