Pretty sure my Steel Magnolias-lovin’, Barbie-doll beauty, bride-to-be sister has never been referred to as the bashful one and I know any shade of pink could be her least favorite, but the theme was perfect for her Southern-belle bridal shower this past weekend hosted by Debbie and Debra. The table was adorned with roses and tissue lanterns, champagne with fresh raspberries, mason jars filled with tea, homemade pimento cheese and a red velvet ARMADILLO CAKE, while the walls were lined with some of our favorite Southern Belle secrets:
#35 we are all steel magnolias at heart
#84 you know how to entertain, and all of your parties are themed
#65 chivalry isn’t dead yet
#6 it’s tea, not sweet tea. it should always come sweet
Since I’m not particularly fond of traditional shower games (probably because I am the bashful one), I was glad when Erin volunteered to reenact several quotes from Steel Magnolias while guests guessed the character/actress. And then Erin had provided some quotes and saying which reminded her of a few special characters in her world. Lots of love and laughter.
And for the grand finale of sorts, we replayed several videos of Mr Kraxberger from her bachelorette party Q&A game. Amazing, genuine and hilarious. I’m honored, excited and tickled pink to stand next to this beautiful couple in just FIFTY FOUR DAYS as they start their next chapter together as my beloved “Krax and Munch”
Cheers.
Lourve.
3 comments:
So glad I got to be a part of a very special celebration for a very special lady!
Such a fun shower!! Thanks for your constant love and creativitiy.
Lourve.
I love my girls!
xoxo
aunt D
Post a Comment