Monday, April 9, 2012

all smiles for spring…

DSC07049 DSC07052DSC07054 DSC07055 DSC07056DSC07066 DSC07067 DSC07074

wow, what a difference year makes. for Easter last year, callie was left to sit on a blanket and watch all the egg-hunting-fun simply because she wasn’t walking yet. well, I think she made up for it three-fold this year with three egg hunts to perfect her skills.

the first hunt (above) was their school party. I’d forgotten their baskets, so when I came back her class was about to have their hunt. of course, I had to stay and take some pictures. and I couldn’t help but share these of her quick progression from utmost patience to absolute meltdown. who knows where she gets that from?! clearly, she recovered as soon as they let her onto the playground to gather her goodies.

DSC07260 DSC07269 DSC07277 DSC07274DSC07248 DSC07259 DSC07268 DSC07297DSC07312 DSC07325 DSC07333DSC07358 DSC07344 DSC07361

after naps on saturday, we went to josh’s grandparents for a festive evening. there were storms approaching, so we had a quick egg hunt and enjoyed a cool breeze on the patio with bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles. after a delicious dinner, birthday celebration, rangers game, TONS of sugar and playing in the rain, we headed home -- only to find our power had been knocked out by the storm.

no problem, except that neither one of us had a key to get into the house. garage door no workie. try explaining a power outage to a 3 year old. we debated our options in the rain with two insanely restless munchkins, but luckily we were back up-and-running within 15-20 minutes. I suppose pale in comparison to last year (at Easter) when we were hiding in the laundry room with tornado warnings. love me some springtime!!  

DSC07394 DSC07405 DSC07443 DSC07415DSC07409 DSC07401 DSC07416 DSC07423DSC07467 DSC07492DSC07449 DSC07523

on sunday, we went to Grammy’s for our Brown family lunch and another egg hunt. each of the kids had a big “golden” egg to find and I think because they were closer in proximity this hunt was an all-out competition. before callie even picked up her first egg, she was running about yelling, “more, more, more”. and despite not even having room in her basket when they were done, she was eager and ready to hunt the eggs out of the neighbors yard.

hysterical.

great weekend.

erica_sig_thumb[2]

3 comments:

chris said...

wonderful! also, i am glad cj is out of prison.

molly said...

Each year is just better than the year before - I think next year we will have to hide eggs in Rose Park - maybe that would be enough for Callie to hunt!

Debbie Yarger said...

We had a blast! So glad we could be a part of the special weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...