Sunday, January 6, 2013

cookie dough…

IMG_3152

inspiration for 2013.

peace. it comes in all shapes and sizes. a la restful sleep, home organization, leisure reading, financial restructuring and agreeable siblings. a girl can hope.

love. I don’t know where it came from, but one of my favorite sayings is, “kids spell love T-I-M-E.”. that said, I’m so excited to spend even more quality time with three little monkeys. no more day care and no more work (of the office variety), which means lots of snuggles, playtime and art projects.

cookie dough. looking forward to experimenting with new recipes and logging some valuable time in the kitchen with my mixer, crockpot and bread maker.

first up was a batch of mini-morsel chocolate chip cookies, in which we all found a little peace and love.

nothing fancy, the recipe was right off the bag and we had all the ingredients. love when that happens.

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups chocolate mini morsels

PREHEAT oven to 375° F. COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes.

and our meal plan for the week includes all new-to-us recipes.

hope you have a great one.

erica_sig_thumb[2]

2 comments:

Abby said...

I am SO trying that cookie dough recipe tomorrow... and hurray for a new year and SAHM status :) Can't wait to see all the fun you guys cook up!

Debbie Yarger said...

The cookies look delicious!! I'm excited with the stay-at-home (notice I didn't say "non-working mom" because I played the role 10+ years!!) because it probably means more blog posts!! :) dy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...