Tuesday, January 29, 2013

reesey the third…

SONY DSC                        photo SONY DSC

Reese (aka Ree Ree, Reesey, Reesey Pooh and Reese’s Pieces Pie).

The third precious blessing in our family.

I love your head and your toes, your brows and your nose.

I love your smile and your eyes, your giggles and your cries.

I love you through and through, yesterday, today and tomorrow too.

Hard to believe it’s been three months. A wondrous, challenging and quick three months.

And you have already taught us there are still many lessons to be learned when it comes to baby hood.

  • Adult nail clippers shouldn’t be used on infants. Those dang paper-thin baby fingernails are impossible. Filing doesn’t work and I couldn’t find the infant clippers with the magnifying glass. So when I accidently clipped the tippy tip of her finger, it bled like the dickens and we both cried like a baby. After I found the tiniest band aid in the house, she proceeded to discretely put those precious fingers in her mouth and nearly choked on the band aid. Heart attack.
  • Selective hearing can save a life. She’d been asleep in our room for about two hours and the big kids had gone to bed, so I’d just opened our door. I was talking to Mimi and Josh heard her making noises in our room. The best we can guess is that she got choked up on some drainage (dang allergies!) and Josh found her wallowing in the milk she’d just consumed. Another heart attack. Big mess.
  • Too much of a good thing. Her big sister loves her so much. Sometimes a little too much for spatial comfort. Her big brother is smitten, but tends to keep his distance with a frequent, “oh, she’s so cute”. One of the hardest things about having three is keeping the other two riotous toddlers semi-quiet (ie. no yelling in the house) when Reese is attempting to sleep.

Oh Reesey, welcome to our game called life.

At least I’ve stopped calling you Callie…for the most part.

My angel baby.

You are so loved.

Sooo sooo much.

erica_sig_thumb[2]

4 comments:

chris said...

i love your family!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how fast time flies. Thank you for the beautiful pictures and babies. mimi/pepa

molly said...

I love her so so much too!! Precious!

annalee said...

she is PRECIOUS. and i identify so much with this post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...