for as long as I’ve been shopping at target, it’s been near impossible to get in and out without spending $100. now (i don’t make it a habit, but) with two kids in tow, it’s absolutely mission impossible to get in and out under $100 in less than one hour. just getting through the $1 aisle is an event. and all bets are off when we get to the toy aisles, as DB examines almost everything within arms reach.
“mommy, let’s stop here, okay?!”
“mommy, look at this one”
“mommy, there are more Cars over here”
yep, we are OBSESSED with wheels at the moment.
i tried soooo soooo very hard to convince my little matey that a pirate birthday party would be soooo soooo fun!!
i had a vision…hunting pirate treasures in the sandbox, walking the plank over the splash pool, bandanas and eye patches for all the guests…I had it ALL planned out.
and in typical parenting fashion, it NEVER goes as planned. he wasn’t having it and repeatedly
demanded requested a Cars party.
soooo, we’re having a Cars party.
next weekend.
a backyard bash with a drive-in movie theater.
Cars is the feature presentation.
shocking I know.
even less shocking is how little this sweet boy’s wish list deviates from the theme.
a / b / c / d / e / f / g / h / i
oh, and our Cars party…it will be better than any ol’ pirate party!!
KA-CHOW!!
3 comments:
Well, I have to tell you Chris was a little disappointed in the theme because he was looking forward to dressing up as a pirate! :)
and Jack Sparrow (aka Pepa) had to put back his play clothes and wait for Halloween.
We can not wait for the cars party and the drive in theatre. Hope we have a cool front prior to then.
See you in a few hours.
m/p
I knew Drew would work those sweet baby blues on you sooner or later! Cars it will be and FUN for sure!!!I just can't believe our little baby is 3 now -and by the way is love affair with wheels - they will NEVER end!
Post a Comment