why are we so drawn to hand and foot print art for the kiddos? they seem to be the only pieces I collect from their school work and I have saved art ideas on pinterest for every holiday you can imagine.
I suppose it’s the most tangible and creative way to capture their size and innocence without a measuring tape?!
Thus, THE FLAG…
Which was a MUST recreate with my little, yet rapidly growing, hands and feet!
Source: lessonplans.craftgossip.com via Elizabeth on Pinterest
I bought all the supplies weeks before Callie’s party in hopes I could get it done ahead of time. Turns out it was best to wait until the day before, when we had a few extra hands to help. After taping off the stripes, Josh held the kids, I painted, Bret did the positioning and Mom was on clean up crew.
Our flag is Drew’s feet and Callie’s hands and made it’s debut at Callie’s party, but will be a centerpiece in our home for years.
I ADORE!!

4 comments:
Aborable idea and so fun to make. Thanks for waiting for our arrival to assist. Love, love, love.
mimi/pepa
great flag!
I want one myself! that was just tooo cute and such a keepsake! I am glad you waited for helpers - what a mess it could have been - hehe-way to go Erica!!!!
What an awesome story!! Can't wait to see it displayed in your home!
Post a Comment