Thursday, July 26, 2012

a little nesting…

photo photo(1) photo(2)

the ants go marching, one by one, hurrah, hurrah…

I first noticed the little black boogers in the laundry room and then around my bathroom sink. next thing I knew, they’d invaded our closet and an abandoned suitcase from our last trip to fort worth. all of these spaces share an exterior wall, so it wasn’t hard to target them.

we are chemical free around here, so I’d tried a few au natural remedies (cinnamon, vinegar and red pepper) that clearly weren’t doing the trick. so one thing led to another and I’ll spare you all the details, but I ended up dismantling everything under my sink for a detailed cleaning.

low and behold, I found these beautiful, borrowed diamond earrings which I had “lost” at erin & matt’s wedding. they belonged to my mom and I was convinced I’d drop them somewhere in the stoneleigh penthouse and they’d ended up in a vacuum cleaner. I’d been harboring the guilt for just 194 days, but alas, those damn ants are no longer in the bathroom and actually led me to relief beyond belief.

onto my next nesting project…

my new and short-lived best friends, the ants, were also co-habiting in the laundry room. there was so much clutter in there, I couldn’t even get to the space to address our issues. again, I’ll spare you all the details, but baby powder/corn starch is the miracle cure du jour for the marching minions AND I cleaned everything which eventually revealed the top of my dryer. who knew it was so glossy white?!

and because no hard work should go without reward…

I made chocolate chip and cherry blondies.

with all three pregnancies, I’ve made it a bad habit to enjoy a sweet treat and glass o’ milk almost every night. so when I found this recipe yesterday on pinterest, it was a MUST make ASAP considering how easy it looked and I’d just bought a bag of black cherries. these were a snap to make and of course, I couldn’t even get a picture taken before sampling the deliciousness.

so with just a 100 or so days until baby 3.0 arrives, the nesting instinct is apparently settling in.

next on deck…

a trip to the recycle center, pirate party planning and two kids’ closet overhauls!

photo-trash copy photo-pirate copy photo-drawer copy 

“Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.” Johnny Depp

erica_sig_thumb[2]

4 comments:

chris said...

since ants taste like lemon drops, maybe you should keep some for ice cream sprinkles.

molly said...

Oh my you are in a nesting mood! I am soooo glad you found the earrings!! worth the damn ants!! don't listen to Chris - OK they do taste like lemon but not on ice cream!YUCK as Drew would say- Pirate days are coming - can't wait!

Debbie Yarger said...

I can't believe you found the earrings!! Bet it made you, your mom and Bret happy! Keep up the good work...then come visit our house! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, we are just glad you found the ants and the top of the dryer. Now about the pirate party and the blondie brownies....can't wait for the 100 days to pass quickly. mimi/pepa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...