Sunday, July 15, 2012

lil’ firecracker…

two_invite copycallie_1_edit

I found this “Red, White and TWO” party theme about a year ago (thank you pinterest) and couldn’t let it go. callie’s july birth date is/was perfect, so I started collecting ideas and décor after memorial day.

because mid-july isn’t exactly optimal for an outdoor BBQ around here, we decided to have the shindig at josh’s mom’s house. her backyard is completely shaded with gorgeous pecan trees and also has the recently renovated “yarger kids” playhouse. a perfect location for our fire crackin’ festivities.

DSC01806DSC01527DSC01537DSC01535DSC01508DSC01496DSC01539DSC01541DSC01568SONY DSC                       SONY DSC                       SONY DSC

capturing everyone’s smile in our party of four is no easy task. we probably took a dozen to get a decent shot in front of my FAVORITE balloon backdrop (again, thank you pinterest).

DSC01684DSC01717

at the moment, she’s mildly obsessed with tangled (the disney movie) or “pun-zel” as she calls it. she probably would have preferred a princess-themed party, but I figure we have plenty of those in our future, so we did our best to acknowledge her favorite princess.

DSC01600DSC01609DSC01644DSC01660

a new tea set clearly called for an impromptu tea party; I’m so glad her auntie erin obliged.

DSC01794DSC01797DSC01809

and we ended the evening with a few sparklers.

DSC01786DSC01833DSC01841

May you always brighten our days and warm our hearts. xoxo. mommy

erica_sig_thumb[2]

5 comments:

Katie said...

Such an adorable party & theme!

molly said...

Such a fun night with our little firecracker! Pictures are great ERica - you are so good at capturing all the moments!

Debbie Yarger said...

Thanks for sharing Erica! What a fun time!!

chris said...

wow! thank you! great party, great setting, great people.

Abby said...

Cutest birthday party EVER!!! And I love the flag too :) Definitely worth the "group effort" - She is SO adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...