Wednesday, July 25, 2012

excitement to infinity and beyond…

DSC02377

when we found out Disneyland (California) was planning to open a dedicated “Cars Land” this summer, we knew it would be the perfect time and trip for our Cars-obsessed little man. and despite the fact that I’ll be seven months prego, the doctor has cleared me to travel, and we are taking Drew (in just three weeks) for a huge pre-FOURTH birthday celebration.

Mater-and-McQueen

Image provided free courtesy of DisneyTouristBlog.com. Check it out for great Disney Facebook Covers.

and the BEST part is…

he has NO IDEA!

beyond SeaWorld, he doesn’t even know what a theme park is, nor has he been on a plane in two years.

josh and I have been to Disney World (Florida) several times, but never to the original park, so I’ve been reading blogs and forums, downloading mobile apps and preparing our must do/see list. I used every last AA point I had to book our airfare and we are going to stay at one of the onsite Disney hotels for added convenience and immersion.

little miss is going to stay with grammy, so she’ll be having a girlie getaway of her own. of course, I’ve been away for work travel, but this will be the first time josh and drew have EVER been away from her. I’m a little anxious, but know she’s in good hands.

here are a few highlights we are planning.

radiator springs racers (@ california adventures) – the premier ride of cars land. while I won’t be able to join on this one, I have already ridden the ride virtually via youtube, so I know exactly what they’ll get to see.

ridemakerz (@ downtown disney) – think build-a-bear, but it’s build-your-own die cast car. you pick out the body, color, wheels, remote control capability, etc.

food fest – here’s where being prego has it’s perks. I’m anxious to try my first dole pineapple whip at the tiki juice bar, beignets at café orleans, BBQ skewers at bengal barbeque…I could go on and on. there is a whole blog dedicated to disney food. oh-em-gee.

souvenirs – embroidered mickey ears, pictures galore, pressed pennies and possibly a little pin trading.

so, here’s to hoping I can actually keep up with the boys for three days to capture this magical adventure.

Remember-Dreams-Come-True-Fireworks

Image provided free courtesy of DisneyTouristBlog.com. Check it out for great Disney Facebook Covers.

please let me know if you have any tips, tricks or suggestions for disneyland.

KA-CHOW!

erica_sig_thumb[2]

3 comments:

chris said...

i am stoked and i am not even going! you guys are going to have a great time and cj is in good hands. not to criticize your wonderful blog; but, josh has been to disneyland. (1981)

ka-chow

Debbie Yarger said...

SO exciting!! Wish we could be a fly on the wall to see Drew's face!!

Anonymous said...

Ka-Chow!

m/p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...