Thursday, July 1, 2010

ABCs: Round 2…

Here we are again, with about a week to go, I put together some thoughts and memories to describe the beautiful and emotional journey of our second pregnancy. Your daddy, big brother and I can’t wait to meet you, little miss Callie Jane!!

prego2

A: Albany and Abilene. Josh and his buddies opened a pharmacy in Albany earlier this year, so it looks like we will be moving the family 200 miles west of the Metroplex after Callie’s arrival. Thankfully, I’ll be able to keep my job and work remotely from Abilene.

B: Breakfast of Champions: Blueberry Pop Tarts, Banana Bread, Black Cherry Smoothies, Blackberry Pancakes and French Toast Bagels.

C: Callie Jane (or CJ) is our name for the little miss. It’s Greek in origin and means Most Beautiful. No family relevance, just love the name.

D: Drew Bear. My sweet, loving, picky and opinionated first born is going to be a great and helpful big brother. It melts my heart the way he points to my belly and says “bay-bee” and “kah-key”.

E: Exhausted. It’s been a totally different experience to be pregnant while chasing and carrying around a busy, busy, busy toddler.

F: False alarms. Regular contractions at 34 and 35 weeks, so we’ve made a few trips to the hospital for a Terbutaline cocktail.

G: Garlic. It has been my only aversion this pregnancy, so I’ve been avoiding the smell and taste for months.

H: Hiccups. She has them frequently, so there has been lots of moving and shaking in my belly.

I: Ice and Water: I’ve been chugging H20 and crunching on ice for weeks. Can’t seem to get enough, which I’m sure my co-workers just love.

J: Josh. Daddy is already stressing about her boyfriends and a wedding…should we go ahead and up his blood pressure medication? Nah, I think the additional snuggles, hugs and kisses from his little princess will be magic medicine.

K: Ketchup, waffle fries and a chicken sandwich. Pregnant or not, I’m not sure what I would do without my #1 (value-sized) combo from Chick-fil-a. Can’t wait to order that sweet sweet tea again!

L: Lovely locks. In the last few sonograms, doc pointed out she already has a full head of hair -- just like her brother. Hopefully, she won’t be quite as big as him when she makes her grand entrance.

M: Mommy. There is nothing more rewarding, challenging and emotional than the journey of motherhood. I’m worried about the transition with Drew, but know there is plenty of this mommy love to share.

N: Nuts over nuts. Almonds, pistachios, walnuts and more…love, love, love them!

O: Outdoors. Before the blazing heat arrived, Drew and I spent many o’ mornings and evenings walking around the neighborhood, playing in the garden and frolicking outside.

P: Pink, pink, purple and more pink. I like to think I haven’t gone too crazy with the pink, but it’s hard not to!

Q: Queasiness and heartburn. While I didn’t have much morning sickness early on, I’ve been going through the Tums in the 2nd and 3rd trimester and get pretty weak in the knees when she’s twisting and turning around in the belly.

R: Root beer floats. Drew and I were at Jason’s Deli one night when I realized instead of just a free ice cream cone for dessert I could make a root beer float to satisfy my sweet tooth. Chocolate chip cookies or brownies with a large glass of milk  seemed to work well too.

S: Surfer girl/beachy theme for her nursery. I hope she loves the oil-free crashing waves and soft sand in between her toes as much as I do!

T: TLC…lots of it! Callie has a marginal cord insertion and two vessel cord, and my blood platelets are a little low. So, I’ve been seeing the perinatal specialist weekly, had plenty of blood work and lots of sonograms. Everything has been good/normal thus far and I’ll be induced at 38 weeks.

U: Uncomfortable. The last 4-6 weeks of pregnancy are truly the most physically uncomfortable for me. Doesn’t matter what I’m doing (or trying to do) -- driving, sleeping, watching TV, walking, dancing, sitting or blogging – there haven’t been enough pillows and cool air to keep this momma comfortable.

V: VERY excited for our 1st baby girl’s arrival. I think this will be a little less of an out-of-body experience having been through this once before. Sure every pregnancy and delivery is different, but I think we know what to expect and are a little more emotionally prepared than we were with Drew.

W: We are pregnant! Just a few days after we found out, we were with my family in Wimberley for Thanksgiving to share the news. We were in Abilene for Meg and Clark’s wedding that next weekend, but didn’t want to take away from their special event, so Drew shared the news (with his big bro tee) to Josh’s family via Skype at Christmas.

XYZ: Zzzzzzzzs?! Hmmm, it’s difficult to recall what it was like to sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time and without six pillows. I’m a firm believer that the gradual lack of sleep during pregnancy is just preparation for those first few months of sleepless nights. But, I sure am looking forward to sleeping on my belly again…and I bet Josh would like his pillows back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, such beautiful memories and babies you make my dear. That is a lovely way of remembering the past, last, and very long months. We also can not wait to meet Drew Bear's litt'l seeeester. See you all in just a few days. Much love in this room. Going for the tissues. mimi and bbpa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...